Re: [IP] exercise

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, todd e. meurer wrote:
> Mary wrote about problems going too low when exercising.  I have the same
> problem.  I run 3-4 miles about three or four times per week.  No matter how
> low  I turn down the basil or how much in advance I turn it down,  I have
> problems with lows while running.  I have found that I need to make sure

Your response to exercise is pretty typical. My daughter's is much the
same. For rigorus exercise, swimming, skindiving, etc... she requires 10
to 20 grams of carbo an hour just to maintain a steady bg with no insulin
intake. She plans this and will eat a power bar in pieces over the
expected exercise period, and take some extra with her if she is planning
to be at it for a while (like skindiving or swimming).