[IP] Testing

Regarding this issue of testing in public. Earlier this evening, my wife and I were dining out.
I checked my bg and was noticed by a young waitress. She informed me that she had
been dx'd with IDDM in May of this year.
In the conversation that ensued, she admitted that she knew very little about the
disease. She had just checked her bg and it was 401. She had only heard of the pump.
and knew nothing about it. Being on the pump myself, I gave her the info she would
need to get more info through the local Diabetes Treatrment Center and hopefully
get a pump of her own.
It just goes to show that testing in a public place on occasion can be beneficial. It
was in this case. Maybe it will add another pumper to this list.
Russell Smith