Re: [IP] Propulsid and Reglan for gastroporesis

Propulsid has fewer side effects.  However, like Reglan it is not really a long
term drug.  Research suggests that it works best for short periods (the articles I
read suggested ranges from 2-6 weeks to 1-6 months and a few in between).  After
about a year of use, its effectiveness declines sharply.  Propulsid can be a great
tool to control bgs again.  Once you can maintain bg control and adjust your diet,
you can reverse a good deal of the gastroparesis symptoms and disease through
appropriate diet, excercise and bg control.  This also feels lots better b/c both
Reglan and Propulsid make me slightly nauseated and ocassionally dizzy (in place
of the vomiting and severe nausea without) all the time.    Diet really helps too
-- get rid of almost all the fat, cut way down on protein (I find that dropping
the meat really helped too but that is more of a personal choice), eat lots of
fruit and veggies and grains, bread, etc and measure them carefully.   Red bell
pepper, kiwi, fresh pineapple, fresh ginger, and peppermint all have an enzyme
that induces stomach motility and cooking with these may help too.