Re: [IP] Propulsid and Reglan for gastroporesis

I used to take Reglan (maybe from about 1988 to 1993).  My doctor at that time
talked of it as something I would have to take forever.  But when I stopped it
(gradually), I found the symptoms that had been really bothering me (blood
sugar going down after a meal, and mornings of nausea and diarrhea) were gone
mostly, although certainly I had blood sugar fluctuations and those magic
nights when my blood sugar would go way up as if some magic fairy had come
during the night and stuffed me full of food.

I have avoided going back on reglan (which my doctor is suggesting again)
because of the depression it seemed to cause. I notice on this list that
several people have mentioned propulsid but I have not seen reglan mentioned
-- is anyone taking it?  And is it a regular or sometimes thing?  My reading
suggested that reglan is better than propulsid for nausea -- is anyone taking
propulsid for nausea? and if so does it work for you?  It seems to me that it
is the action of reglan on the brain which probably accounts for its asset
(helping with nausea) and its problem (the depression) -- propulsid is not
supposed to have the brain effect, and also not as many side-effects.

Linda Zottoli
pumping since Oct 22 and hoping that is the longterm solution