[IP] Blood Testing

The most anxiety that I'm experiencing regarding starting on the insulin
pump is going from 2-3 blood sugar tests a day to 4-6.  I hate testing due
to inconvenience and often sore fingers.  I'm concerned that I may do less
testing than recommended.  Any suggestions out there?  I use a spring loaded
pen type lancet holder.  Maybe there's a less painful method?  Or maybe the
improved blood sugar levels will be incouragement enough?  Words of experience