-- BEGIN included message

Sender: email @ redacted

NEWS                  a weekly e-newsletter for people with diabetes
Copyrighted 1996, Diabetes Interview

Diabetes Interview needs your expert opinions.

Ann Landers wrote in her column this week that people with diabetes who
test their sugars and inject insulin at a restaurant table exhibit "gross
insensitivity and very poor manners."

What do you think? We'd like to get your thoughts on her statement and
publish them in our January issue.

Sharon Kellaher

And from Daniel Trecroci...

I'm doing a story on Gymnema sylvestre and its medicinal qualities in
regulating blood sugar in people with diabetes. I was wondering if I could
ask you a few questions.

(1) Have you ever heard of Gymnema sylvestre, or tried medication which
contains its extract?

(2) If you have tried Gymnema sylvestre, did it have any noticeable effects
on controlling your blood sugars.

(3) How seriously would you take a claim that says Gymnema sylvestre
normalizes blood sugar AND "regenerates beta and islet cells in the
pancreatic tissue of lab rats?

(4) Would you try a medication that makes such a claim?

If you liked this article, get a subscription to DIABETES INTERVIEW-the
nation's leading diabetes newspaper.  At only $17.95 for 12 issues, it
could be your best spent money on diabetes.  To subscribe call our toll
free number 800-488-8468, or e-mail your mailing address to us at
email @ redacted, or send your telephone number to the same address
and we will call you for your mailing information.  Either way you will
receive the most up-to-date and late breaking news in the diabetes

-- END included message