[IP] Re: Sofset problem

>I have a new pumper who seems to have a problem keeping her Sofsets in place.
>It seems that the set creeps back out of the skin after insertion.  We have
>tried Hypafix, Skin Prep,  and "sandwiched" between a Polyskin and the IV
>2000. She has no options on using other sets as Medicaid only approves the
>Sofset without the Quick Release. We may have to switch to the needle sets,
>but she is a Mom of an active 2 year old, and the possibility of getting the
>needle site bumped is something to contend with. Any suggestions from the
>group would be greatly appreciated.
>Barbara B.

Although very basic, here are some thoughts:
1) is she getting the SofSet fully inserted?  I've noticed a big improvement
with my Sofsets since I started using the SofSerter.
2) is she using her stomach area?  As the father of active 1 and 3 year olds, I
find that bending over to pick up the kids is not only bad for my back <vbg>,
but also has a slight tendency to loosen the Sofset.  My best locations are the
"love handles", even though I'm embarrassed to say I have 'em!

Hope this helps!