Re: [IP] Re: Sofset problem

 She has no options on using other sets as Medicaid only approves the
>Sofset without the Quick Release. <<
Are you saying that Medicaid only approves the Softset delivery
system? What is their reasoning?  And it does release for bathing or
such.  I am having a hard time believing that insurance would only
approve one type of infusion set.  I mean, I believe you, I just think
some insurance places are nuts!!!  Silhouettes are cheaper than
Softsets.  I would strongly recommend fighting this one and getting
the doctor behind it.  Another thought is that maybe where she is
placing the softset may be the problem.  I found I had to be careful
at certain points in my stomach or sides of stomach, cause I would
carry the laundry basket proped on that hip and it would frequently
catch the edge of the infusion set, or it would be right where I bend
over the sink and continually hitting it would dislodge it.

Bonnie Richardson
 Huntsville, AL
256-922-1512, ext 1805