[IP] pumping questions

Carl:  I too am in the process of getting my first pump.  I saw my nurse
practitioner today and she is recommending the disetronic for me becuase my
basal rate will be so low.  She says disetronic works better for low daily
basal rates.  I don't eat breakfast and exercise everyday with a daily
insulin total of around 30 units (Hummalog and NPH).  Since about 1/2 of
your total becomes the basal rate this means about 15 units basal/day when I
go on the pump.  This amount, she says, would be better delivered with the