[IP] Ann Landers

I totally agree.

If I was with people I didn't know, or at a very formal table I might
not inject with siringes.  With family and friends I have no problem
checking, etc.  but I would mention that I was starting.   PUMPS ARE
GREAT IN THIS SITUATION!  I have been blessed with very understanding
family and friends.  I am in high school, and thus must change for gym
and sports in a crowded locker room, and check bg and bolus, etc, and
nobody cares.  I have had questions, but they are all polite and
interested.  Sometimes I'm uncomfortable answering and talking about
diabetes, but I would much prefer this to rude stares.  People need to
be educated!  Aids posters and comercials are all over the place, and no
one writes about how tactless they are (not that I think this, just an
example).  Diabetes is being diagnosed in greater numbers, and education
and acceptence should follow!