Re: [IP] Re: Sofset problem

email @ redacted wrote:
> I have a new pumper who seems to have a problem keeping her Sofsets in place.
> It seems that the set creeps back out of the skin after insertion.  We have
> tried Hypafix, Skin Prep,  and "sandwiched" between a Polyskin and the IV
> 2000. She has no options on using other sets as Medicaid only approves the
> Sofset without the Quick Release. We may have to switch to the needle sets,
> but she is a Mom of an active 2 year old, and the possibility of getting the
> needle site bumped is something to contend with. Any suggestions from the
> group would be greatly appreciated.

Just after sending the earlier message it occurred to me that there might be
a parallel Pureline set, went to Chronimed's homepage at
and found they have a model known as the "Contact", which is parallel to
the non-detachable SofSet, and their prices tend to be lower. Maybe you should
check it out, you may find a way to save Medicaid some money with better

Ted Quick