Re: [IP] Re: Sofset problem

email @ redacted wrote:
> I have a new pumper who seems to have a problem keeping her Sofsets in place.
> It seems that the set creeps back out of the skin after insertion.

Been there, done that. It's why I no longer use SofSets but prefer Comfort
(aka Tenders or Silhoette) sets now.

We have
> tried Hypafix, Skin Prep,  and "sandwiched" between a Polyskin and the IV
> 2000. She has no options on using other sets as Medicaid only approves the
> Sofset without the Quick Release.

Bummer. Can't she make a case for necessity with Medicaid? I know, not easy and
definitely not fast. Perhaps if she got a few sample Silhoettes from MiniMed she
could try to prove the efficacy to them? I know, they don't listen and cost is
ALL they consider, but change doesn't happen without somebody pushing for it....

Ted Quick