Re: [IP] Pumping Questions

At 02:12 PM 11/24/1998  Lisa Olson wrote:
>I got the impression that Richard was only trying to give HIS reasons for
>buying a Disetronic Pump over the MiniMed.  It seemed as though some of the
>replies were harsh and angry.  I love my Disetronic Pump, but I don't think
>that anyone with a MiniMed is WRONG for having chosen it.
>"Can't we all just get along?"
>-Rodney King
>Anyway, in reply to the question of differences between pumps.  I got the
>impression from the literature that they are QUITE similar and it is a
>matter of personal  preference for styles of programing and various other
>amenities.  Having spent a great deal of time in Europe and seeing their way
>of controlling quality,  I chose the European-made Disetronic pump.  But, as
>they like to say "YMMV"

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly was not angry nor did I mean
to be harsh in my reply. If I did sound that way, I apologize. I just
wanted to make sure that things were put into perspective and that all the
relevant facts were put on the table. And, there were a couple of
statements about plastic vs Humalog that I've never heard reference to
before. I think this is a good learning opportunity. If Richard knows
something that we don't, great... I'd just like to learn more about it.

We all need to make sure that we don't get too strident when talking about
choosing  a pump... it tends to be an emotional issue for many people. As
I've said before, a pump is just a tool that will work no better than that
big device that's located between the ears. So, lets take a deep breath,
count to ten and stay calm.

Both pumps work fine... each person is different... we all make decisions
based on different factors and what's important to me may not be important
to you. The bottom line is, that there is no right or wrong when it comes
to choosing a pump... just whatever works best for your situation and