[IP] In Public

Laura Lynn Wrote:
>  Most people are sorry that I have to take shots and prick my finger
> and are very nice to me.  I wish you would change your mind because my mom
> says a lot of people read what you write about.   I like being a diabetic
> since I have an insulin pump like Miss America.  Insulin Pumps are cool. . .
> Sincerely,
> Laura Lynn

Laura Lynn,
I also was diagnosed at the young age of 8 and I am now 50.  I totally
agree with you, there is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself in
public.  Today there are so many people that are diabetic, it is no
longer a strange sight to see someone taking insulin or testing there
blood sugar in public.  If someone does not want to look and see what
you are doing, well, they can just 'not look'!!!   Good for you young
lady, always do what is right for you!  I was taught not to 'stare' at
someone anyway, so I have always taken care of myself where ever I am at
that time.
I wish for you a long long happy healthy life.  I too love my pump, wish
I had it when I was 8 years old.
Take care sweet heart!
Sylvia Voelpel
42 years diabetic