Re: [IP] New Pumper

>From: Sam Mooney <email @ redacted>
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] New Pumper
>Sender: email @ redacted
>Hi group:
>I went on the pump two days ago.  I am on the Disetronic using
>Humalog insulin.  My blood sugar readings have never been so
>good.  I am still on my first infusion set and it is beginning
>to hurt a little when I take a bolus.  Is this normal?  I will
>be changing it tomorrow.  I look forward to getting and giving
>tips on pump use through this group.  Thanks for being there.
>Sam Mooney

Congratulations!  I am also using a disetronic and I love it.  I have
problems with catheter sites too.  Some sites only work for two days for
me, and others for a week.  I get sore bumps, which hurt when I bolus,
when the site is old, has been bumped, or is just not a good spot.  What
kind of catheters are you using?  I use rapids, which work pretty well.
You may need a different length needle.  I had to go from 8mm to 10mm
because the insulin was "pooling" under the skin and taking a long time
to get absorbed.

write me   email @ redacted