Re: [IP] Ann Landers

In a message dated 11/23/98 10:53:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Linda, this is surely going to start up a storm, but I for one am in full
 agreement that one should not be sticking fingers and injecting insulin in
 public.  At the very least one should be as discrete as possible.  Aside
 from the more general danger of blood borne diseases and syringe needles,
 this is something that should not be visually foisted on others, unless
 they have already said it is OK.  It's a matter of common courtesy and
 manners, and has nothing to do with respect for diabetics.   Maybe we
 should be congratulating her this time for her wisdom.
 -wm >>

I agree....I never test my blood sugar in public and I never "shot up" at a
table in a restaurant.  The operative word here is discretion.