[IP] Trigger Finger releif

IN>Do any of you know how common trigger finger is in diabetics?  I had surgery
IN>for this two years ago on my left thumb and I have now developed it in the
IN>other thumb.  I have already had a cortisone injection in this thumb and it
IN>gave me relief for 10 months.  It is back and time to just have the surgery
IN>done once again.  Thanks for your input.

IN>Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/

Hi Cindy.  I'm not sure how common trigger finger is, but I had the same
problem with my right index finger ( really screwed up my golf game).
The Dr. solved the problem with out-patient surgery.  He slit the sleeve
that the tendion (sp?) moved in and I have had NO PROBLEMS since.  That
was done in FEB 1988.  Hope this helps.

David  (email @ redacted)