Re: [IP] Trigger Finger

In a message dated 11/23/98 1:20:47 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<<Do any of you know how common trigger finger is in diabetics? >>

When I had my first trigger finger diagnosed in 1986  the endo did not know
any connection with diabetes but the hand surgeon said it was a diabetes-
related thing.  So I called up all the people I could think of who had had
diabetes more than 30 years, and found that 4 out of 6 had had them.  Since I
have never met anyone who had non-traumatic trigger finger who was not
diabetic, seems likely to me.   But many diabetics since have told me their
doctors insist it is not, and some have been diagnosed with things like
tendonitis, so I suspect it would be hard to get good statistics on it.

Linda Zottoli