[IP] Thyroid testing

I think that my daughter is low thyroid but the "regular"  thyroid test
doesn't show it.  I understand that there are a number of more accurate or
complex tests for the thyroid.  How common is it to test OK on the
"regular" test and then test low on other more in-depth tests?

I obviously don't know much about this....But I have heard of initial
negatives when there really was low thyroid function.

Diane Massey