Re: [IP] NOT encouraging research news :-(

I am not surprised by anything you wrote.  I too thought there would be a cure in
my life time, but gave up that hope many years ago when I wised up to how corrupt
our government is.  Bottom line, diabetes is a big money making business.  If they
find a cure it could definitely hurt the economy.  A friend of mine who was
involved actually heard politicians talking this way back in 1982.  In addition, I
read in a Diabetes Forcast magazine, approximately five years ago, that the meter
that did not require fingerstick, would not be out for an extremely long time if
ever, because the pharmaceutical companies that made these meters would lose a lot
of money from not selling strips.  This was my interpretation of the article.  I
don't be to sound so pessimistic, but for me this is reality and despite what I
hear or read, I shall continue to take the best care I can of myself, keep
fighting the political arena in anyway I can, and if I cure comes out in my
lifetime, I shall be extremely grateful.

Type I age 3, now 38