[IP] Weight Gain on Pumping

wmitzner wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:47:31 -0400
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re:  [IP] Weight Gain on Pumping

I agree with your disagree :-)   I've found that for me since being on the
pump there is a terrific correlation between the amount of insulin I take
and my weight.  If I need need more insulin for a few days, my weight
starts creeping up, and vice-versa.  For whatever reason this means that
the weight gain is better correlated with the amount of CHO I eat rather
than the amount of fat.   It seems that I can eat lots of fatty things, but
unless I accompany that with CHO my weight is not affected.  And with a
roughtly constant total insulin per day, my weight stays rock stable.  Of
course YMMV but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this relation.
- -wm

That's exactly what I have discovered. I snack on things like cheese and pepperoni and
my weight stays the same. If I snack on chips and other high carb foods, my weight goes
up. I have found that LARGE amounts of fatty foods do effect my bg's many hours later,
which forces me to take more insulin, which causes me to gain weight. Moderation is the
key there.