No Subject

I just joined this mail list and read lots of everyone's e-mails. It feels so good to know you're not alone and everyone seemed to have the same questions I've had about the pump. There was alot of "talk" about weight gain and the pump. I've been on the pump for 2 years now and in the first 6 months I gained about 20 pounds. This was quite an adjustment for me because I never have had to fight my weight. But I also had high blood sugars all the time before the pump and that alone will keep weight off. ( Not a good way to lose weight!) I've learned that the pump does give you alot more freedom to eat foods you may not have without the pump. But the price may be weight gain. The pump is not the culprit, the user is. Balance is always the key, especially in diabetes!!
Michelle Miller