<<   Insulin is a fat maker. >>
>>not a "fat maker", but a food storage hormone<<
 <<Some people whose control dramatically
 improves on the pump can gain weight because with high BG's (before
 pumping), they were not able to metabolize food they ate, and urinated
 it out (with high BG's). >>
>> Absolutly correct<<
 <<I've herad some people say that they have
 deprived themselves of certain foods in order to manage DM before the
 pump and after the pump found a great deal of freedom and flexibility in
 food choices, whcih led to overearing.  So weight gain is not something
 that has to happen with the pump. >>
>> So, now, if you are overeating with the pump, you will store any leftover
calories as fat, (just like the rest of us who do not burn up all the calories
we take in!)<<

Barbara B.