[IP] pump insulin questions

     good day all,
     i have two questions about the pump:
     1. when you are sick, do you need to adjust the rates at all?
     (fyi: my daughter is diabetic, and just turning 6.)
     2. our insulin (both the lispro and N) will go bad if not
     continuously refrigerated - does your insulin in the pump go bad
     quickly?  i know you change it out every three or so days, but
     especially for children, effectiveness of the insulin is very
     important since the total amount given is relatively small as
     compared to adults...
     skip lightner