email @ redacted wrote:
> Weight gain on pump
Hi Jonelle,

In the first month after starting the pump about three months ago, my
total daily insulin dropped by one third, and I effortlessly lost six
pounds!  Insulin is a fat maker.  Some people whose control dramatically
improves on the pump can gain weight because with high BG's (before
pumping), they were not able to metabolize food they ate, and urinated
it out (with high BG's).  I've herad some people say that they have
deprived themselves of certain foods in order to manage DM before the
pump and after the pump found a great deal of freedom and flexibility in
food choices, whcih led to overearing.  So weight gain is not something
that has to happen with the pump.