[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #640

Weight gain on pump

I am a type I diabetic, age 31, and have been taking insulin for 11 years.
I am about to start on the MiniMed pump and am concerned that this may
cause weight gain.  I currently exercise 3-4 days/week and am in fairly
good shape.  It's difficult right now to exercise because I have a major
sugar low following exercise unless I'm at 200 or higher when I begin
exercising.  I just read an email from another pump user who said he/she
gained 20 lbs. after starting on the pump.  Has anyone else experienced
weight gain once switching from traditional shots to the pump?  And, is
exercising easier on a pump?