[IP] Michael's DCCT stats as evidence

Just one question in the scare 'em into good control approach.  I'll use
your numbers as it's been a few months since I reread the stats.  What will
you then say if your daughter ends up one of the "unlucky" 30 - 40% who
maintained tight control and still have the complications.  Personally, I'm
questioning whether the lows, the hassles, and the berations will still seem
worth it.  What do you then say - oh you must have somehow lied and you are
a rotten person because you have the complication?  Think about it now.  30
to 40 percent is not a small fraction.  I don't think that threats work in
the long run.  I know that I've fired every doc that tried to be a dictator
even when he knew little about my diabetes as compared to the person who was
living it.  I'd hate to have that sort of relationship with a parent.   Of
course most of us have rebelled in some way as kids, so I guess as parents
you have to make your choices.
Take care,