Re: [IP] From Patty & Pete (SCAREY)

> individually so this is to everyone.   We no longer accept a BS of
> 79 as normal - especially at night.
Good idea, but don't overreact

>We have our emergency kits in
> the car,  our home and our relatives homes and in her purse. She
> will never be alone while driving and when she is alone at home
> someone always knows. If her BS drops below 80 she will turn off the
> pump take some glucose tablets,
That's not necessarily a good idea unless it is still delivering a
meal bolus (square wave). Basal insulin takes some time to become
effective and this could produce a nice zig zag. Try to identify why
the low is occuring before jumping to conclusions. Enough glucose to
get you to 150 give you time to make those decisions.

Also.... what kind of meter are you using? Does it measure blood
glucose or serum glucose levels? If serum glucose levels, then raise
all your targets 20 %. 100 becomes the threshold for minimum bg level
for a serum measurement rather than 80 for blood glucose.