Re: [IP] NOT encouraging research news :-(

Renee,  I agree that these reports are always discouraging.  I, for one, have
believed for a long time that there will never be a cure found in the U.S.
This disease is too profitable for too many people.  I do believe that a cure
is possible in a country with socialized medicine, thereby saving the
government alot of money.  I am not a negative person by a long shot, but I
have arrived at this perspective because of this ridiculous assertion that
there will be a cure in 5 or 10 years.  They have been stating this since 1960
when I first got diabetes.  I want to believe that a cure is near, but I just
don't.  Maybe England or Canada will come through for us.   ellen