[IP] Re: Exercise

Chicago's altitude is 578 feet, and I doubt that any part of Illinois is
more than a few hundred feet higher than this! :)    I don't know where the
change in basals becomes significant.  We flew into Denver and then drove
straight up into the mountains (Rocky Mtn National Park, alt. 10,000ft), so
I didn't have time to find out how Denver (altitude ~5200ft) affected me.
Unfortunately, I didn't find out about the altitude factor (from this
group) until after I got back home!

     Janet wrote:
     I imagine that going from Illinois to the Rockies represents a very
     significant change in altitude.  How high were you when you
     experienced the need to change your basal rates? (No puns intended!) I
     realize Illinois is somewhere close to sea level.  I live just east of
     the foothills to the Canadian Rockies.  The elevation here is about
     4800ft.  That mountain hike I took put me up to 7300-7500 feet.  Does
     that represent differences in elevation you experience? I'll have to
     see if I notice any changes as I'll be in Portland, Oregon and St.
     Louis at Christmastime (both nearly sea level).