Re: [IP] Vanity & the dangers of DIABETES, was Hiding your pump

I do not consider myself "lucky".  I have worked hard as well as my parents
since the age of three.  I am grateful that I have very few complications.  I
just don't believe the pump is the end all cure all.  It's not for everyone.
In addition just as with multiple injections, you must take responsibility and
make an effort to obtain the results that you desire.

Personally I believe throwing out such "harshness" ( yes true it is reality )
is not always the best approach when trying to assist others.  What has helped
me both as a child and as an adult is love and support all the things that can
happen to me.  Trust me I already know all that bad things and I am doing my
best to not be one of those statistics.

When working with Jr. and High school aged kids with diabetes.  I made so much
head way by taking the support approach rather than shoving in their faces for
the 20th time all the horrible things that diabetes can do to you.  In
addition, I also got very rewarding phones calls and notes from the kids

Just my humble opinion and way I would approach "reality".