Re: [IP] Re: What motivates and parental involvement

> If a child doesn't take 24 hour responsibility for an infant when they are 11
> years old does that mean they won't be able to do it as an adult?  Of course
> not, an infant is too much responsibility for an 11 year old and so is
> diabetes.  So the docs argument that the pump is too much responsibility for a
> child are right..... but the parents should be responsible, not the child.  If
> there is no responsible caregiver, then the pump is nearly an impossible
> undertaking for a child under 18.

If there is no responsible caregiver, then MDI with the accompanying schedule,
testing, absorption variability of the long acting insulin and other
complications is an impossible undertaking for a child under 18!  Why would it
be easy to hand a young child a box of needles, a vial of insulin and say "Go
to it kid..."  Again, if there is no responsible caregiver, MDI is impossible
too...

Randall P. Winchester
WD4HVA
* misunderstood something.