[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #632

I really appreciate the open and honest answers I've recieved and maybe it
will help those of you angry with me to know that I have struggled with
this question for the last several years. I am a very brittle diabetic and
was not expected to live beyond age sixteen. I am now twenty seven and
being encouraged by my md's to go on disability. I am sick because of the
diabetes three weeks of the month and because of this I suffer severe
depression and have been suicidal many times. I cannot imagine the thought
of putting a child through the hell I've been through and am going through.
I love children and God willing if I ever get well enough to have a husband
and family I will be able to adopt. I don't care if they have a disease of
two because at least I'll know I wasn't the genetic cause and I certainly
won't throw the baby out with the water as one member put it. For anyone
that cares I am a pediatric recovery room and ICU nurse and have been
honored at my hospital for my outstanding nursing care. I hope this helps
those of you angry at me for the question and let's you know I really am
interested in your honest answers;