Re: [IP] RE: Pregnancy BG's

Thanks for all the info.  One more question.

Again, I was hoping for real information not program recommendations.:

If, as Barb says, pregnant women tend to run lower bgs (non dm women), what
happens to the fetus when your bg drops suddenly?  When it is below 50?  When
it stays below 50 for an extended period (say 1/2 hour?  one or two hours?).
Are the swings more problematic?  Or the sustained highs and lows?   What
effect do they have?  I think we've already figured out (or we know) that some
hypoglycemia doesn't do any major harm.  But more specifically?  And which
situations are most problematic when they accumulate during those 9 months?