[IP] RE: Loose Infusion Sets ~~~~~

There are several ways to improve the adhesion of infusion
sets.  I like a prep product called No Sting Barrier Film by
3M the best.  Other alternatives which work for others (but
not me) are IV Prep and Skin Prep (Skin Prep is a bit more
sticky than IV Prep).  You could also try Tincture of
Benzoine and Tincture of Benzoine Compound.  Both of these
are iodine based and have great adhesion, but my skin was
quite allergic.

Also you can try to put a transparent dressing between the
skin and the infusion set and then shooting through the
dressing.  For this I use IV3000.

I put the No Sting stuff between my skin and the IV3000,
between the IV3000 and the infusion set (Tender), and
between the infusion set and the window of MicroPore
surgical tape that I put around.  May be more than you need,
but perhaps one of these ideas will work for you.

Best of luck,

Hello Friends!

I know I have seen this thread go through the pump list but
that was "before"
Laura was pumping.    Laura is having consistent problems
with the adhesive on
her Tenders coming loose.  The sight still seems to be good
as she is still
having good bs readings but the adhesion is not staying on.

Is this normal?  She does not sweat and so far this time
around I have kept
her from taking a bath just to see if that was the problem.
We put it in
Friday morning and by Saturday night it was almost
completely loose and
hanging by the cannella and a small portion of the
adhesive.  (she is still
getting good bs readings from it)   This was not a problem
with the first few
infusion sets but the last 4 have come loose very
quickly.    Just thought of
something - could there be a problem with the adhesion?

Would love any suggestions.

I also want to THANK all the parents and pumpers who have
responded to my
earlier posts this past month.  Your suggestions have been
very welcomed by
Laura, myself and my husband.  We appreciate each and
everyone who took the
time to write suggestions to our problems.  At this point
Laura wouldn't give
up the pump for anything!  I think it was more of an
adjustment (setting
basals etc) than I thought it would have been but wouldn't
trade it now for
anything!!!  To quote Laura, "I love my pump - SHE is my
best friend!."   I
had always thought  the pump was a male!  <grin>  Being as
it is 3am and I
can't sleep I sure hope this letter makes sense!!!

Sherri Lynn~