Re: [IP] Pregnancy BGs

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 email @ redacted wrote:

> I was told that when BG are to high that the baby fills with excessive fluids,
> not that it grows to fast?  Like I said before, my BG were high most of my

Nope, the fetus just has a continuous supply of excess glucose for which
it manufactures excess insulin, which allows the liver to store excess,
....and on and on.... basically you pump the fetus with extra (and
somewhat unwanted) nutrients. It can get plenty of whatever else it needs
to metablolize the extra glucose directly from mom. Nature has endowed
the fetus with the ability to get 'anything' from the mother directly and
ahead of the mothers needs.