Re: [IP] Re: Reality of complications

Tell me all about "amputations." The *only* place in the US where
they *don't* amputate automatically, is in Boston MA.  About a  year
and a half ago, my local vascular surgeon gave me the *sole* option
of amputating my leg a mid-calf to remove a gangrenous big toe.  I
finally went to Beth-Israel Deaconnes Hospital in that "square mile"
if major hospitals in SW Boston, and had a "non-reversed saphenous
vein popliteal to dorsalis pedis bypass graft" done, and only my
gangrenous big toe amputated.  It healed up in about a year, and now
my ciculation in that foot / leg is *much* better than in my un-operated
one.  Go figure...

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted