[IP] Pete...

I'm sure others will respond to your questions...so I won't because I've
been running my mouth enough all ready...but I feel great commpassion
for you!  Don't "lose it", you did everything you needed to do.
Pregnancy does strange things to women, diabetic or not.  Hormones and
such can do wonders for the blood sugars!  You are a good husband and we
can tell you love your wife!  :-)  Continue to educate yourself about
diabetes and be a confident support for your wife...I commend you!  :-)
~Tonya D.