Re: [IP] The Abbreviations

Michelle Genardini wrote:
> I was just wondering, when I looked at the faq about abbreviations used
> I noticed the different types of insulin. Before I went on the pump I
> had been on Actrapid, Protaphane and Ultratard at various times. What I
> would like to know is where do these fit in with all these other types
> of insulin. The only one that is familiar is Humalog.

Ah yes, the differences in the English language! Anyway, the few different
insulins that I know the translations for are:

Actrapid = R, or Regular
Ultratard = UltraLente
Protophane = NPH

There is a webpage in the UK that shows the relationships, unfortunately
I don't remember it or have it in my bookmarks. Don't know if anyone else here
is even aware of it, I saw it mentioned on another list.

You may find it useful to go to Rick Mendosa's webpage where many Internet
diabetes resources are listed. Go to:

Ted Quick