In a message dated 11/13/98 1:48:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< Hi everyone I have just one question "if you are a diabetic why do you have
 children knowing you may pass on this horrible disease" >>

I know the only dumb questions are those not asked but ask anyone why they
would have a child?  Our child is the LOVE of my wife and my heart and our
life is full of happiness, a few frustrations due to "threeism" because of the
life of our son.
I have had diabetes for 38 yrs and our 3 1/2 year old has had diabetes for 1
Excuse me for being mad even though you asked me not to be but I am rightfully
upset at you and your somewhat arrogant statement.  I am a loving father and a
caring friend that feels your view that I or any other diabetic should not
have the joy of a child is horrible.