Re: [IP] insertion sites

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Kerfoot/J.Riganti <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Friday, November 13, 1998 7:55 PM
Subject: [IP] insertion sites

>How often do others change the infusion sets?  Have others re-filled
>their pump reservoirs?  If so, how do you do it and what has been your

Hello Janet,

This Disetronic/tender/humalog pumper changes infusion sets each 4 days max.
I have never refilled a pump reservoir.  I'd rather carry around an extra
prefilled cartridge.  I prefill three and refrigerate each time I open a new
bottle of insulin, so most times there's at least one available.  I prime
tubing on location as needed.

Luckily I live just two miles from my office, so I can go home if my
treatment requires it.

One time I was unable to buy humalog because I waited until after the
pharmacy was closed.  I substituted Humulin Regular through the same old
catheter, which resulted in higher BGs.  I used it only a couple of days
before changing it.   Curiously, the Regular seemed to have caused less of a
bump than the H'log.