[IP] Re: Diabetics having children

Good thoughts. I am a 29-year old male, recently married, and my wife and I have thought a lot about this, with many of the same thoughts that others have expressed here.
    I suppose that if there are going to be children with Type I diabetes, there would be no better parent for that child than another diabetic. I wouldn't be happy if my child was diagnosed with this lousy disease, but it would be a bond; more than playing baseball with my son or daughter growing up, I would enjoy teaching them to care for themselves and their health.
    My wife and I have reached no decisions yet, but my diabetes is only a minor factor in the process!