[IP] selective breeding

Heather & Diane wrote:

> if you are a diabetic why do you have children knowing you may
> pass on this horrible disease" I have made sure my child will not
> get this thing from me (by not having my own child) it's the least I
> could do for a child

of course every one is entitled to their opinion...Hitler believed only blond,
blue eyed people were worthy of life....and while I have also considered the
possibility of having a child with diabetes, i have also considered the more
awful situation of, what if my child was born a sexist, racist, vegetable
loving carnivore!!!

Then there is that genetics thing - is diabvetes recessive or dominant - i
will leave my child bearing years behind me before I figure out the fractions
and math out on the odds of having a child with diabetes

I think that while it must be difficult to raise us, I am sure we provided
more than pain and aggravation to our parents - at least I hope so - they
still send me presents for Christmas so i don't think they hate me too much
for the trauma I put them thru (and still do, thanks to my being able to keep
myself alive DESPITE having diabetes).

i am sure my mom would have preferred to have not had a kid with diabetes, and
another one with asthma and another one that was seriously accident
pronce...but I think she has forgiven us for our transgressions and while she
may still feel a little "guilty" in her right mind she knows she had no
control over it!!!  No one in her family has Diabetes or Asthma

*-)=B xoxx~~~[507]