[IP] insertion sites

Hello pumpers,

A couple days ago, I was about to leave for work, and realized I might
not have enough insulin in my pump reservoir before the day ended.  I
had no time to change the infusion site, so tried something, that I was
curious about anyway.  I re-filled the reservior with more insulin.  I
opened a new reservior (pump syringe) package and used the sterile
needle for this, as I've always thrown away the needles for the
reservoirs after filling them.  I closed it back up in the sterile
package, and put it back into my box of supplies.  This morning when I
got around to changing my infusion site, I did notice a red, slightly
tender elevated bump at the site after removing the old site.  Mind you,
this is day #5 on this set.  I've noticed a red bump at the site a few
other times, so perhaps it is not due to re-filling the reservior.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to stretch my supplies as they are so
expensive and I do not have isnurance coverage for any of my diabetic
supplies.  I usually keep the infusion set in about 4 days, sometimes
less when I suspect absorption problems after I experience unexplained
high BG's.

How often do others change the infusion sets?  Have others re-filled
their pump reserviors?  If so, how do you do it and what has been your

Janet Riganti
Type 1 x 27 years
MM 507C x 3 months