Where is it written in stone that diabetes is hereditary?? Neither of my
parents have the disease, yet I have  it.  The scientists are still debating
the cause of diabetes.  I plan to have children in the next few years.  If
there was an indisputable fact that mothers gave their children diabetes I
might reconsider.  Diabetes is not like Hemophilia or color blindness which
are both sex linked diseases that are without a doubt passed on.  I, for one,
can't wait to have children.