Re: [IP] Vanity & the dangers of DIABETES, was Hiding your pump

I agree that the reply was a bit harsh.  I have had diabetes for 21 years, all but the last 2 weeks on insulin shots.  I went on the pump because I have an odd schedule, and I wanted the flexibility it gave me.  I have never had any complications (this in spite of being told over and over again by my mother that I would die at the age of 32 if I kept having "these 200+ blood sugars")  I am now 30 years old, and I know that injections DO work for some people.  However, just because I love my pump, doesn't mean that EVERY OTHER person with diabetes SHOULD be on it.  I hope that we on the list can also be acceptant that other people make different choices.