[IP] Doc's and Kids on pumps

Doctors are just plain lazy. They don't want to go through the training it
takes to manage the insulin pump. Also its a lot of work for a doctor to get
the sugars on track. Figure for awhile you will have to be reporting sugar
levels, carbs every few days.  That just adds to their work load. (wah) is
what I think.  They don't have a clue what the work load is for a diabetic.
Thing is, not as if a pump is a permanent thing. If after a year, things
don't work out, then go back to shots. But give it time. It takes anywhere
from 3 to 6 months to get regulated.  And to really  work it, its advised to
give the pump a year.  Worse case is that it doesn't work, but at least take
that chance.  Life is hard enough, anywhere we can make it easier, I'm for

Christene Ullom
"Sell crazy someplace else - we're all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson
from "As Good As It Gets"