[IP] just one question

Heather & Diane wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:42:47 -0600
From: Heather & Diane <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #628

Hi everyone I have just one question "if you are a diabetic why do you have
children knowing you may pass on this horrible disease" I have made sure my
child will not get this thing from me (by not having my own child) it's the
least I could do for a child (please don't get mad at me just let me know
the how's and why's and if there is guilt and all that I'm really very
interested in real people's ideas since I know what the medical proffesion
has to say on this)
How can you ask this! I am mad even though you said not to be. Next are you going
to ask ugly people why they have children knowing they will be ugly?
There is only a slightly higher chance of our children having diabetes than there
is in the general population. No one else in my family (past or present) has
diabetes. There are worse things we can pass on to our children and there are
MANY problems that "run in" families. If everyone who has a problem that could be
linked to genetics were to choose not to have children, then there would not be
many children born at all. I have no guilt what-so-ever. I brought two beautiful,
healthy, intelligent children into the world and I am PROUD of it.