Re: [IP] Parents of Kid Pumpers!

Megan checks her blood sugar in the clinic. She get between 40-50 g of carbs
in her lunch everyday(has not been able to but her lunch yet-too many carbs
for her to count as well as fat) The nurse has a scale to follow-this works
very well. In other words if she is between 70-120 she gets 1.4 units etc etc.
IF she is below 70 she gets 1 glucose tab and her normal bolus. If she is high
the nurse just looks up on the chart and tells Megan what to put in. For some
reason is she is ever over 200 the nurse calls and we troublshoot.

i work and this system works VERY WELL!! Going up to the school I think is
really not necessary-especially if you know what she is going to eat.

Hope this helps!

Judy C.