Great question.  I chose at a very young age not to have children for I would
never ever want to pass on this disease to another human being.  It's
interesting as I read the answers to your question.  They are definitely some
good points that are being brought up.  One theme that appears to similar in
the responses is that the probability is low of their children getting
diabetes.  I find this hard to believe, since from all diabetic parents I have
met in my lifetime and have had children, at least one child has ended up with
diabetes.  Granted I haven't met probably even one percent, but I do find it

I commend you on your decision and support you 100%.